Dr. Mona Kerby writes award-winning picture books, fiction, and nonfiction books. Her books are on all sorts of interesting subjects. Owney is about a real dog that road the mail trains. Frederick Douglass is about a slave who became world famous. Her disgusting but fascinating book on cockroaches tells you how to have a cockroach fight. And you will laugh out loud at her fiction … Read More about About
Owney was one of the most famous dogs in the world. One rainy night in 1888, a stray dog…
Snakes in the bathroom and pizza in the library--Nora Jean never dreamed…
Learn all about disgusting, fascinating cockroaches! Examines the body parts,…
Born a slave, Frederick Douglass never planned to be the most famous black man in the…
Want to know what it was like for Owney riding the mail trains?
Just a few awards and reviews
for Owney . . .
- Parents Choice Silver Honor Award
- California Young Readers Award
- Vermont Red Clover Award
for 38 Weeks . . .
- Minnesota Maud Hart Lovelace Award Winner
- “A first rate school story.” ALA Booklist
- “Vigorous and funny…” Kirkus
for Cockroaches. . .
- An Outstanding Trade Book for Students in K-12 in Science
- “. . . a lively text . . . for those interested in science, insects—and the revolting.” Kirkus