Dr. Mona Kerby writes award-winning fiction, nonfiction, and picture books. Mona writes on all kinds of interesting topics. Her latest book is about Owney. He was a real dog that rode trains. Mona wrote about Frederick Douglass who was a slave that became world famous. Also, she wrote about disgusting but fascinating cockroaches. And, she writes fiction. 38 Weeks till Summer … Read More about About
Owney, the famous dog who rode mail trains. One rainy night in 1888, a stray dog wandered…
Snakes in the bathroom and pizza in the library--Nora Jean never dreamed…
Learn all about disgusting, fascinating cockroaches! Examines the body parts,…
The biography of Frederick Douglass. Born a slave, Douglass never planned to be…
Find a fun book to read!
Owney, the Mail-Pouch Pooch
A few awards and reviews
for Owney . . . .
for 38 Weeks . . .
- Minnesota Maud Hart Lovelace Award Winner
- “A first rate school story.” ALA Booklist
- “Vigorous and funny…” Kirkus
for Cockroaches. . .
- An Outstanding Trade Book for Students in K-12 in Science
- “. . . a lively text . . . for those interested in science, insects—and the revolting.” Kirkus