I’ve written fifteen titles–fiction, nonfiction, and picture books–and many have won awards. I’ve told the stories of Owney who was a real dog that rode trains; Frederick Douglass, a famous African American; Amelia Earhart, a famous woman pilot; and I’ve even written about insects.
Mona Kerby Biography
I’m a professor at McDaniel College in Westminster, Maryland where I teach–mostly teachers–how to become school librarians, technology specialists, and writers for children and teens. I’ve been a kindergarten teacher and an elementary librarian in Arlington, Texas.
I grew up in Fort Worth, Texas but now my husband and I live in rural Maryland. We love dogs. Here is a photo of one of our dogs who used to love stealing the trash.
The other photo was taken on a school trip to Zimbabwe.
My hobbies are reading, learning, teaching, knitting and making people laugh.
A few of my favorite things are dogs, the colors red and black, elephants, and eating ice cream.
Facetime is actually a voice calling tool produced by Apple. Straight Back in June 2010, Steve Jobs declared the coming of Face-time. Though the program is quite comparable both on both the i-pad and also about the i-phone. Facetime for PC/a>
(These will be more interesting to grownups instead of kids.)
- Mona Kerby receives AASL Distinguished Service Award, 04/08/2020
- Mona Kerby Interview and backup link
- Up to the Challenge: Dealing with School Library Book Challenges Before They Happen
- Mona Kerby at McDaniel College
- Amazon Author Page
- McDaniel School Librarianship
- Mona Kerby Papers at the University of Southern Mississippi — de Grummond Children’s Literature Collection
- American Library Association
- Maryland Association of School Librarians
- Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators
- Texas Library Association