Dr. Mona Kerby writes award-winning fiction, nonfiction, and picture books.
Mona writes on all kinds of interesting topics. Her latest book is about Owney. He was a real dog that rode trains. Mona wrote about Frederick Douglass who was a slave that became world famous. Also, she wrote about disgusting but fascinating cockroaches. And, she writes fiction. 38 Weeks till Summer Vacation will make you laugh out loud. Find something fun to read. Click on the Books page. See below for a short Mona Kerby biography.
Mona Kerby Biography
Dr. Kerby is a college professor at McDaniel College in Westminster, Maryland. Mona teaches grown-ups how to become school librarians, technology specialists, and writers for children and teens. Before she was a professor, she was the elementary librarian at Little School in Arlington, Texas. Before that, she was a kindergarten teacher.
Mona grew up in Fort Worth, Texas. She has always loved school. Maybe that is why she earned four college degrees.
Now, Mona and her husband live in rural Maryland. They love their dog, Reilly. But he is not perfect. He weighs 80 pounds, takes more than his share of the sofa, and sometimes steals trash.
Mona loves reading, learning, teaching, and making people laugh.
Here are a few of her favorite things. Dogs, the colors red and black, knitting, elephants, and most especially, ice cream.
(These will be more interesting to grownups instead of kids.)
- Amazon Author Page
- Mona Kerby Papers at the University of Southern Mississippi — de Grummond Children’s Literature Collection
- McDaniel professors selected for endowed appointments
- McDaniel College and Africa University
- Full Graduate Scholarships for Maryland School Librarians
- McDaniel School Librarianship
- McDaniel Education Department
- Writing for Children & Young Adults Certificate
- American Library Association
- Maryland Association of School Librarians
- Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators
- Texas Library Association